Sunday, May 2, 2021

Project: April and friends - Log #029

I’ll make this a weekly thing again, starting NOW

So once again, I haven’t written on this blog in two moths or maybe more… But, just because I haven’t been keeping up with logs n’ stuff, that doesn’t mean that I haven’t been really doing anything. I’m happy to say that since my last update, I’ve made some good progress on the project!

Firstly, I’ve set up a Blogspot blog for where my comics will be and I’ve decided to put my official comic scripts on there. I’ve done some final edits on them while adding them onto there, too. During all that editing, I also should mention that I’ve changed it up a little to read a bit more like a screenplay and a novel at the same time, if that makes sense. When I say “novel” I mean that I’ve tried to give the action parts a bit more “character” and tone and stuff. The screenplay aspect’s more on the whole “INT/EXT. LOCATION - TIME” thing. A link to the page has been added to the script archive.

I’ve also decided it was about time I started working on some actual concept art for the project, starting with character turnarounds of the main and secondary characters. I’ve done 5 out of 9 so far! You can view them on my projects Twitter.

I noticed I’ve been more active in adding actual scenes onto the storyline, too. I’ve got them all up on a Google document and it’s 8 pages long so far, and it goes all the way from where I’m up to to anywhere near the end! I’m pretty glad that now’s probably the time I’m actually taking the project somewhere.

Also, I’m deciding that the title isn’t going to be “Project: Proclo” anymore. I’m still putting the whole title stuff on hold. I’m keeping it as “Project: April and friends” for now, which will NOT make the final cut. Yeah, this bit’s probably the hardest aspect of it all…

That’s all I’ve got for now. I’m hoping to get another update down next week and make this a weekly thing. I better not forget!

-Chocco

No comments:

Post a Comment