Thursday, March 17, 2022

Organising the process

Lately, I've been thinking of ways to speed up the process of my much larger, more ambitious comic projects. Now, here's the thing: since they're so long, it would be quite intimidating to work on them one at a time. It's a huge commitment and I'm kind of fickle, so I'd be afraid of losing interest, especially since they're projects that I'm really passionate about. Since I don't want to have to go through all that, I've spent a long time trying to come up with a plan to manage my projects and my time working on them.

Here's the plan: I'm going to divide those big projects into acts. Which I have done long already, since that's part of the storywriting process, but now I'm chosing to implement that aspect to use in my time-management.

It'll work something a bit like this...

First, the conditions:
  • I have 2 big projects: Project A and Project B
  • A has 3 Acts and B has 5 acts
  • A is Set years Before the events of B and their Stories Aren't Overlapped
And here's the pattern I plan on undertaking:
  1. Project A, Act 1
  2. Project B, Act 1
  3. Project A, Act 2
  4. Project B, Act 2
  5. Project A, Act 3
  6. Project B, Act 3
  7. Etc.
And if any new major projects pop up, I'll figure stuff out from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment