Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Adding on to the pressure

Not too long ago, I made the decision to get started on drawing up the thumbnails for the prologue for my Mydan project. If me in the past found out I was doing this, I would be worried that I'd be going on a head a bit too early in the project. But now, I've chosen to go head-first into the waters. I want to channel my thoughts into a mindset close to the one I had in my first attempt at making a webcomic: going straight into production after a good-enough script to base everything. 

First, I wanted to get rid of that sense of perfectionism that has been stopping me from moving along in the past couple of years. When working on my SteelHouse project, my plan was to be around 5+ chapters ahead and make sure *everything* was in line and confirmed. But throughout the months, I kept making little tweaks and edits, always treating things like they were never ready. Because of that, I haven't even started making the right concept art.

I also thought that by doing this, I would be able to take my projects a crap-ton more seriously. I'd be setting myself time limits, due dates, and be not-so laid back when it comes to this stuff. There are many stories that I want to get out there, some in comic form, and knowing how long it takes to actually get a narrative out there, my lifespan won't be able to fit in everything in time, which is a pretty tough truth to face.

Anyways, here's the notebook I'm doing my thumbnails on. Here are the ones for only the prologue for my Mydan project, so I'm okay with showing you what I've got:





No comments:

Post a Comment