The latest page of Gone Unsupervised! took seriously too long. Like, to an INSANE amount. I try not to make excuses for things like this, but I know there's a major factor of that latest page that was, what I believe, one of the reasons why it took so long to finish.
If you take a look at the page here, one of the characters, Grace, brings along to the scene a total of fifteen books. I had the idea of that because I thought it'd be mildly funny for her to have a ridiculous amount of something. But then, in the middle of working on that page, it hit me just how much to do it was, drawing fifteen books in almost every panel (and the page has eight of them).
The whole process with the books I found to be just so tedious and motivation-draining, and it didn't help that I also was facing a major art block early on in working on the page.
Anyways, the page's done now and I learned something in the process. I'm never putting that many props in a page with that many panels ever again. ...Unless I find a shortcut or whatever, because that was boring, haha.



No comments:
Post a Comment